Friday, February 14, 2014

New Day, New Year, New Future

WOW did I forget about this blog. I should be more into this, I promise to do better in keeping in touch with you .  We have been real busy with the new books and teaching.  Let me get you all caught up.

The Company

Things have been real quiet with the company due to me having a heavy teaching load at the Avionics Program at PCC in Tucson. We will be graduating the 5th class of Avionics Techs in August. BCS will still do the NCATT AET review course at the Aircraft Electronics Association in Missouri. We are planning to go back in August this year.  My schedule this year is locked up until August. I hope that my schedule will

Most all of our students from Pima have gotten very good well paying jobs after graduation. One of my students hired right into the Avionics department at Bombardier here in Tucson working on the Global Jets. The feedback I got from them is that they are very happy with her and the job she is doing.  Thank You Bombardier for giving our students a chance.

We have a new website that will provide access to online training courses in a variety of avionic subjects. I am starting with those subjects that are in the NCATT AET but not necessarily included in the A&P curriculum. I hope that this will lead to many subjects about avionics and maintenance. I want to finish up the textbooks and begin having a platform to be able to supplement the books with online visuals and interactions.  Check on the new website for courses and updates.
              Avionics Education Website

The Books

I have been working hard on a two volume textbook that covers all of the areas in Avionics. Originally this book was to be a single book about Avionics test equipment but as we started writing the book it became apparent that there needed to be explanations about the equipment that was being tested.  This led to a two volume set of books that covered everything from tester calibration and control, selection, regulation compliance and system functional testing.  We are hoping to debut the first volume in March and the second  by late April. We will have both books in draft form at the Chandler Gilbert Maintenance Symposium at the Williams Gateway Airport March 6 and 7th.  Come find our booth there and say hello.  I have been posting details on the main website.  You can see this here.                                                                    New Avionics Textbooks 

The latest revision for the NCATT AET book is also coming this summer. I am still offering the second edition, and if you buy from the website, I include a document that has the additional information  that will be included in the new version.  The new version will have the GROL removed so I can offer the book at a lower price. So if you want to get the information for the FCC but the book from the website.  The link is                     NCATT AET Book Sets


The Future

Now that the program here at PCC is mostly operating smoothly, I plan to reduce my load hours and begin a new chapter creating online training to give students another source of study.   Our company wants to reachout across the world and be more visual overseas. Even though the regulations are vastly different the need for knowlede about Avioncs is universal. I hope that through the websites and some personel contact with you we can provide the technical knowledge needed for a changing avionic world.

So make a comment or drop me a line. Let me know how you all are doing. 

Bruce Bessette


No comments: